Jodi Sta. Maria: 'I turned to DRUGS'

“Before becoming a workaholic, I became an alcoholic. I drank day and night. I even drank during tapings, ang gusto ko kasi masolusyunan yung feeling ko of pain and emptiness. When alcohol wasn’t enough, I turned to drugs." ito ang pag-aamin ni Jodi Sta. Maria ayon sa report ng Cebu Daily News.



“I felt empty. I pretended to be okay when the truth is hindi naman talaga.

“I was in and out of bad relationships that left me all the more wounded and broken.”

“My life was such a mess na hindi ko na alam kung saan ako magsisimula.

“I needed attention. I needed acknowledgment.

“It even showed in the relationship I had with him.

“No matter how unhealthy and abusive, I stayed in the relationship because it felt okay, may nagmamahal sa akin at may nakakapansin.”

Ikinasal si Jodi kay Panfilo Lacson Jr. sa edad na 22 at nagsama ng 5 taon bago naghiwalay. Ang anak nilang si Thirdy at sampung taon na ngayon.

“I got married at the age of 22. The marriage lasted for five years. Siguro, inisip ko, nagpakasal kami at a very young age na we didn’t really know each other. Instead of bringing out the best in each other, it brought out the worst in us. At that point, we could not protect Thirdy from the chaos in the home, so we decided to separate.”

Laking pasasalamat naman ni Jodi kay Coney Reyes nang hikayatin sya nito na dumalo ng church service ng Victory Christian Fellowship. 2010 pa sya iniinvite ni Reyes subalit taong 2014 lang sya nagsimulang sumama sa kanya/

"Nahihiya na kasi ako, kasi ang tagal na niyang ini-invite ako, but there, dun ko nakilala ang Panginoon. Then ‘Be Careful with My Heart’ came. This teleserye was a major turning point in my life because I had everything—because I found Jesus. I had a major concert abroad, sold-out, but backstage, I was crying. Fame and money were empty. There was nothing on top.”

Simula nang maging Christian, itinigal na daw umano niya ang paninigarilyo, sobrang pag inom ng alak at paggamit ng illegal na gamot.

“I have a newfound respect for my body now, and I have to take care of it. Maayos itong ibinibigay sa akin ng Panginoon, maayos ko din itong isasauli sa kanya.
Jodi Sta. Maria: 'I turned to DRUGS' Jodi Sta. Maria: 'I turned to DRUGS' Reviewed by Jhon on 08:42 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.